|Just before the disaster, only 29 km's to the ferry.|
As I told you in a former post, I had some carburettor problems. And some Picasa problems that prevented me from publishing photos. Now I can publish the photos from my vacation. Part of it were spent on my Lambretta TV 175 from 1958.
Some trouble with the lid that holds the arm that lifts the throttle was finally solved. To make it to the ferry I had to find an alternative gas wire since I didn't want to ruin the original. 50 meters from the breakdown I found a rusty piece of steel wire on a lamp post. I attached it to the hook that lifts the throttle and was able to accelarate with it between my legs. As this took some time I missed the ferry to the island of Gotland, but managed to get on the next one. In the town of Visby I borrowed a better wire from my friend Ronny, a keen scooterist who also owns a bicycle repair shop. In it he stores his very nicely restored "faro basso", a 1954 Vespa 125.
In our rented cottage I phoned my oldest son who stayed in our house. He managed to locate a spare part in the chaos of my garage. Then he posted it to me and all was back to normal. But now I have a non-complete Dell'Orto MA 23 BS5. Too bad!
|The lamp post with rusty wire.|
|The rusty wire coming directly from the throttle.|
|In the stand-by queue, after missing the booked ferry.|
|Inside the ferry.|
|Got another wire in Visby from my friend Ronny.|
|Ronny has a nicely restored Vespa 125 from 1954.|
|The spare part.|