Thursday 8 March 2012

The accessory saddle to my GS

Found at a veteran fair in Sweden.

Five or six years ago I found this battered saddle at an veteran fair. Of course I bought, not knowing which Vespa it would suit. Then one year later I acquired my Vespa GS 160, mark 1, from 1963. The saddle had been upholstered in a non-original fashion, so I immediately thought of my accessory saddle.
I choose some vinyl from one upholsterer but gave the mission to another. The light blue is slightly lighter than the original. On the other hand, the old vinyl is approximately over 45 years old.

I judged this as beyond repair, although original is nice.

Even the seat frame was blue, and got an respray.

Done! Slightly líghter blue than the original, the dark blue is spot on!

No comments:

Post a Comment