Thursday 3 January 2013

Strange Lambretta on cover


You might believe that I buy everything with a Vespa or a Lambretta on it. Nearly true...
Although I prefer if its old I sometimes make exceptions.
This 2-CD was found in the local kitchenware-, appliances- and mediastore.
The Lambretta series 1 on the cover looks a bit awkward. The angle of the front single saddle is most peculiar, tilted forward. Reminiscent of strange far eastern restorations. And the wheels appears to be 8- instead of 10-inch. Even the smallest series 1, the Li 125 (only sold in Italy?), had 10-inch. even the fork seems peculiar. I can't tell if it's "invented" in a computer or if it's a photo of a model.
Well, what about the 50 modern dance tracks then? It's a bit bland actually. Not bad but not the pizzazz of Northern Soul, although I'm no expert. "Sweets For My Sweet" by The Drifters, "Shout" by The Isley Brothers, "I'm A  Man" by Bo Diddley, "Please Mr. Postman" by The Marvelettes etc, doesn't thrill me.
5,5 euro down the drain...well it made a blogpost!

2 comments:

  1. Hi!

    The Lambretta on the cover looks awkward because it's a picture from a Xonex diecast model from the 1990's (probably the 1:6 scale version).

    Take a look at this one: http://www.carmodel.net/photos/14303.jpg

    Regards from Rio, Brazil,
    Leo Dueñas
    http://motonetaseafins.blogspot.com.br/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Muito obrigado, Leo!
    You seem to be right, check Leo's link above.
    At least I suspected that it was a model. ;)

    ReplyDelete